How To Run Android App On Your PC
I keep my phone's app curated, I don't install unnecessary app. In the same time, I still need some redundant app like Telegram & Whatsapp to keep in touch. Getting/replying text and call between iOS 8 and Yosemite works like a charm, so running app on your Mac/PC is the next logical step.
With Google Chrome's ARC Welder, it's very easy to do:
1. Install ARC Welder extension on your Google Chrome browser, using your Google Chrome browser, click this URL to install it: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arc-welder/emfinbmielocnlhgmfkkmkngdoccbadn
2. Download Android App APK, search on Google: "Whatsapp APK Download" for example. Always download from trusted sites (original developer site)
3. Run ARC Welder from Chrome Apps
4. Add your downloaded APK to ARC Welder. Click Download ZIP, Extract the ZIP into Folder on your PC
5. Go to Chrome Settings/Preferences/Extensions, Tick Developer Mode. Load the extracted ZIP file FOLDER, then you will have your Android Apps on your Chrome Apps page
6. Open Chrome Apps page, click your App to run it, all data will be stored. Profit!